CheckPoint Organisation Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation which connects mental health resources with video games and technology.
What does this mean?
We try to improve the mental health of the people who play games. We do this by giving information to raise awareness, providing a safe peer-support community for gamers, and hosting chillout spaces at conventions. We give talks to companies about how to look after their team's mental health, and we provide consultation to improve the representation of mental illness in games. And of course we do clinical research into the benefits of games themselves, so that one day, games might be a treatment for mental health issues.
Our organisation is run by both mental health and games industry professionals. This enables CheckPoint’s reach to span across both industries, and ensures that the information and education that we provide is accurate, relevant and implementable.
Ultimately we want to universally improve understanding of the interactions between video games and mental health.
Everything we do is to foster our dream of a more cohesive and nourishing future for both games and health industries. We are passionate that what we do will change the face of mental healthcare and video game culture forever.
Improving the mental health of the gaming community by teaching them, supporting them and providing therapeutic resources.
A global gaming community which feels safe and well, in a world where games are used to treat mental health issues.
How Does That Work?
As a nonprofit we make sure that every cent is spent on relevant activities. We are mostly funded by community donations – usually from fundraising events. We also get corporate sponsorship and we have a membership system.
Healthy Is Fun.
- We care for ourselves and for each other.
- We are passionate that play is an integral part of health.
- We promote responsible play.
- We share our health resources and knowledge freely with others.
CheckPoint is Safe.
- All spaces associated with the CheckPoint brand are safe for everyone.
- We always act with respect and integrity.
- We are benevolent in everything we do and exist to help others.
- Our organisational welcomes diversity and is intolerant of prejudice.
Strive for a Better Future.
- We are united to end stigma.
- We stay up to date and knowledgeable.
- We remain flexible and elastic, moving with technology and scientific changes.
- Our work is meaningful and we are making a difference.
- We provide a focal networking point for others who move in our circles.
- We are approachable and available at all times.
- We help the communities we bring together.
- No task is too big or small.
- We are a team, not a hierarchy.
- New ideas are welcomed and integral to growth.
- We handle all finances with professionalism and responsibility.
- We uphold a strict legal framework at all times.
Get in Touch
The Arcade, 164 Kings Way, South Melbourne, 3205
1300 512 440
We respond promptly to all queries. If you have any questions about what CheckPoint does, our mission statement or goals, how to help, how to get involved, or anything else, please do not hesitate to reach out.