CheckPoint’s Publications and Self-Care Guides
Thanks for checking this page out – we hope that you’ll find something valuable here. We are regularly creating new content, so remember to check back regularly.
Our publications and self-care guides are a way to understand mental health, improve wellbeing, and boost resilience. What makes them special for you is that they are written through the lens of games, by people who love games. Our authors are all doctors, psychologists and other healthcare professionals. We try to cover all sorts of topics, from the basics of mental health through to managing communication, self-esteem and relaxation. You can also earn achievements for completing our courses!
Everything here is completely free, and always will be. All you need to do is sign in. Just remember, it is not intended to be, and should never be used as a replacement for seeing a professional. If you have concerns about your mental health – please see your GP.
This content is only for CheckPoint members.
- Access to GamerMates+
- ALL site content unlocked
- Attend meetups and fundraisers at conventions
- Access to all members-only forums
- Early access to giveaways, publications and downloads
- Discounts on Merchandise
- Complimentary "I Support Mental Health" Silicon Wristband on Signup
- Free game codes to your inbox
- Access to members-only Slack channel - you shape the future of CheckPoint
- Star badge and automatic mod status on forums
- Acknowledgement on CheckPoint homepage
- ALL free + chip tier perks
- Exclusive CheckPoint Team T-Shirt
- Complimentary Black Dog Pin
- Wellbeing loot crate delivered regularly
- Your image on CheckPoint publications and iPads
- Beta test new projects, activities and games
- ALL other perks!
No thanks, I’ll stick with a free account.
What Can I Access With a Free Account?
All of our mental health resources.
That’s right – everything we have to offer for individual self-care is free. You just need to register, which you can do in one click, via email, Twitter or Facebook. And remember, if you change your mind you can delete your account at any time.
A regularly updated collection of publications all about self-care and mental resilience. We’ve even added a video game flavour to them so they’re even more accessible to our audience. They come in PDF format or can be done as an online course.
Whenever you download or complete a self-care module, you’ll even unlock an achievement!
GamerMates is a pro-mental health gaming community. We’ve made it super easy to find like-minded people (your gamermates!) who you can play your favourite video games with. You can find local folk, or someone on the other side of the world. You can play anything from Overwatch to Animal Crossing.
What you decide to do is your choice – with an understanding that everyone here is supportive of each other.
Participate in our active forums, where you can make friends, chat about games, and learn all about mental health via an anonymous Q&A system answered by real doctors and psychologists.
When you sign in you unlock points based achievements for engaging with CheckPoint. Level up your mental health journey today.